You might first seek advice from your family doctor about your foot pain. He or she may refer you to a doctor or surgeon who specializes in foot disorders. Before your appointment, you may want to write a list of answers to the following questions:
- When did your symptoms begin?
- Did your symptoms begin gradually or suddenly?
- What type of footwear do you wear for work?
- Do you participate in sports? If so, what types in particular?
- What medications and supplements do you take regularly?
What to expect from your doctor
Your doctor may ask some of the following questions:
- Is the pain worse in certain pairs of shoes?
- Does any type of activity ease the pain or worsen it?
- Are you having pain in any other part of your body?