Morton's neuroma is a common foot problem. Each year — across its three campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota — Mayo Clinic doctors treat hundreds of people who have Morton's neuroma.
Orthopedic surgeons at Mayo Clinic have extensive expertise in the types of injections and surgical approaches used to relieve the pain associated with Morton's neuroma.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked highly performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's Orthopedic Surgery department's expertise and rankings.
Aug. 04, 2017
- Morton's neuroma. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00158. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Frontera WR. Morton neuroma. In: Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Musculoskeletal Disorders, Pain, and Rehabilitation. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Safran MR, et al. Morton neuroma (Interdigital plantar neuroma). In: Instructions for Sports Medicine Patients. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Morton neuroma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Fields KB. Evaluation and diagnosis of common causes of foot pain in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Weller GG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 9, 2016.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 9, 2015.