- Expertise. Experts in psychiatry and psychology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota provide treatment for mood disorders. The Mayo Clinic Depression Center offers an Adult Mood Clinic and Adult Mood Program for outpatients, and an inpatient Adult Mood Disorders Unit. Experts in childhood mood disorders provide a Pediatric Mood Clinic as well as a two-week outpatient group program for youths called Child and Adolescent Integrated Mood Program (CAIMP).
- Experience. Specialists at Mayo Clinic treat thousands of people with mood disorders every year, including people with treatment-resistant mood disorders.
- Specialized assessment. A team of specially trained clinical staff provides a personalized assessment that assures your treatment is tailored to your needs.
- Latest diagnostic and treatment techniques. Mayo Clinic doctors use the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment for mood disorders. Depending on your needs, this could include psychological and genetic or metabolic testing.
- Research to improve treatment. Mayo Clinic experts conduct and participate in the latest research to determine the causes of mood disorders and improve effective treatments. You may be eligible to participate in clinical research studies and genomics testing related to treatment of mood disorders.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 11, 2014
- Mood disorders fact sheet. National Institutes of Health. http://report.nih.gov/NIHfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=48. Accessed Sept. 19, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 29, 2014.
- Mood disorders. MentalHealth.gov. http://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for/mood-disorders/index.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2014.
- Depressive disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 29, 2014.
- Bipolar and related disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 29, 2014.
- Kung S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2014.