Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Specialists in psychiatry and psychology at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota evaluate and treat adults and children with mood disorders. They specialize in treating people with treatment-resistant depression and bipolar disorder.
For appointments or more information, call the Central Appointment Office at 507-538-3270 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday or complete an online appointment request form.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Arizona and Florida
At Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Florida, specialists see adults with mood disorders if a Mayo Clinic doctor is treating them for other medical conditions and refers them to psychiatry and psychology.
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.
Nov. 11, 2014
- Mood disorders fact sheet. National Institutes of Health. http://report.nih.gov/NIHfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=48. Accessed Sept. 19, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 29, 2014.
- Mood disorders. MentalHealth.gov. http://www.mentalhealth.gov/what-to-look-for/mood-disorders/index.html. Accessed Sept. 19, 2014.
- Depressive disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 29, 2014.
- Bipolar and related disorders. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Sept. 29, 2014.
- Kung S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.