Dilation and curettage (D&C) — Overview covers risks, results of this uterine procedure.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various life-threatening conditions. But it's easily detected — and you can work with your doctor to control it.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when your thyroid gland produces too much of the hormone thyroxine — speeding up your metabolism and sometimes leading to serious complications.
Pelvic pain: Symptom — Overview covers definition and causes of pelvic pain.
Pregnancy loss is devastating. Consider ways to cope with your grief and move toward healing.
Oct. 24, 2014
- Gestational trophoblastic disease. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003104-pdf.pdf. Accessed July 20, 2014.
- Molar pregnancy. March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/loss/molar-pregnancy.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Goff B. Gestational trophoblastic disease: Management of hydatidiform mole. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Baergen RN. Gestational trophoblastic disease: Pathology. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Goldstein DP, et al. Gestational trophoblastic disease: Epidemiology, clinical manifestations and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Garner EIO. Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia: Staging and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ062. Dilation and curettage. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/faq/faq062.cfm. Accessed July 19, 2014.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 53: Diagnosis and treatment of gestational trophoblastic disease. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2004;103:1365.
- Harms RW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 6, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.