If the discomfort from mittelschmerz lasts more than a few minutes, try some home remedies to gain relief. Because heat increases blood flow, relaxes tense muscles and eases cramping, you might want to try:
Jun. 11, 2011
- Soaking in a hot bath
- Using a heating pad on the side of your abdomen where the pain occurs
- Blechman AN, et al. Evaluation and management of ruptured ovarian cyst. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 11, 2011.
- Forcier M. Emergency department evaluation of acute pelvic pain in the adolescent female. Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine. 2009;10:20.
- Welt CK. The normal menstrual cycle. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 11, 2011.
- Zurawski JM. Mittelschmerz. In: Hillard PJ. The 5-Minute Obstetrics and Gynecology Consult. Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2008:128.
- Williams R, et al. Gynecology. In: Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/linkTo?type=bookPage&isbn=978-1-4160-2467-5&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-2467-5..50038-5. Accessed May 12, 2011.