Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Sept. 03, 2014
- Mitral regurgitation. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/valvular_disorders/mitral_regurgitation.html?qt=mitral%20regurgitation&alt=sh. Accessed May 27, 2014.
- Mitral stenosis. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/valvular_disorders/mitral_stenosis.html?qt=mitral%20regurgitation&alt=sh. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd/. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 2, 2014.
- Suri RM, et al. Minimally invasive heart surgery: How and why in 2012. Current Cardiology Reports. 2012;14:171.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 21, 2014.
- Vernick W, et al. Robotic and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Anesthesiology Clinics. 2013;31:299.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.