Tests and diagnosis
Cardiac catheterization is used as a test for some heart conditions and as a procedure to treat some types of heart disease. Find out more.
Sept. 03, 2014
- Mitral regurgitation. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/valvular_disorders/mitral_regurgitation.html?qt=mitral%20regurgitation&alt=sh. Accessed May 27, 2014.
- Mitral stenosis. The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/valvular_disorders/mitral_stenosis.html?qt=mitral%20regurgitation&alt=sh. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd/. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 2, 2014.
- Suri RM, et al. Minimally invasive heart surgery: How and why in 2012. Current Cardiology Reports. 2012;14:171.
- Aldea GS. Minimally invasive aortic and mitral valve surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 21, 2014.
- Vernick W, et al. Robotic and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Anesthesiology Clinics. 2013;31:299.