Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Hives and angioedema — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of these common allergic disorders.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Runny nose: What's causing your sniffles?
Tearing that goes beyond a happy or sad moment can stem from a variety of causes, from hay fever to more serious conditions.
Tests and diagnosis
Itching, sneezing and swelling: Find out what's causing your allergy symptoms.
Aug. 07, 2014
- Jarvinen-Seppo KM. Milk allergy: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- Jarvinen-Seppo KM. Milk allergy: Management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- Milk allergy. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Types/food-allergies/types/Pages/milk-allergy.aspx. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- Milk allergy. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=20&cont=516. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- Food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES). American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/food-protein-induced-enterocolitis-syndrome.aspx. Access March 31, 2014.
- Milk allergy. Food Allergy Research and Education. http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/milk-allergy. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- Anaphylaxis. American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/allergies/anaphylaxis.aspxAnaphylasis. Accessed March 26, 2014.
- Food allergies. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. https://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=20&cont=286. Accessed March 30, 2014.
- Food allergy: An overview. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/_LAYOUTS/NIAID.Internet.Controls/SearchResults.aspx?getfields=description&q=food%20allergy%20overview. Accessed April 2, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.