Milia typically disappear on their own within several weeks or months. No medical treatment is recommended.
June 03, 2015
- Berk DR, et al. Milia: A review and classification. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2008;59:1050.
- Rashes and skin conditions. American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/baby/bathing-skin-care/Pages/Rashes-and-Skin-Conditions.aspx. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Hay WW, et al. Skin. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics. 22nd ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Milia (pediatric). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 8, 2015.