Tests and diagnosis
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Eye exam — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of vision testing.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Botox is used not only for wrinkles but for other conditions, as well. Here are the pros and cons of this popular treatment.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common types of psychotherapy. It focuses on specific issues and goals to improve your life.
Jun. 04, 2013
- Aminoff MJ, et al. Clinical Neurology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=66. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Headache: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/headache/detail_headache.htm?css=print. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Stone K, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Emergency Medicine. 7th ed. New York, NY: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=55749542. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Hauge AW, et al. Trigger factors in migraine with aura. Cephalalgia. 2010;30:346.
- Marnura MJ. Use of dopamine antagonists in treatment of migraine. Current Treatment Options in Neurology. 2012;14:27.
- Salhofer-Polanyi S, et al. Prospective analysis of factors related to migraine aura — the PAMINA study. Headache. 2012;52:1236.
- Botox gets nod for migraine. PubMed Health. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2012-05-11-botox-gets-nod-for-migraine/. Accessed April 18, 2013.
- Headache hygiene tips. American Headache Society Committee for Headache Education. http://www.achenet.org/resources/trigger_avoidance_information/. Accessed April 17, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.