Why choose Mayo Clinic
- Experience. More than 100 specialists in gastroenterology and hepatalogy at Mayo Clinic treat people with conditions such as microscopic colitis.
- Diagnostic expertise. Tissue analysis specialists (pathologists) at Mayo Clinic are experts at identifying microscopic colitis, which is critical to receiving the right treatment.
- Microscopic Colitis Disease Activity Index. Mayo Clinic doctors developed this tool in 2011. It provides an objective and consistent way to assess the severity of someone's microscopic colitis, including diarrhea, abdominal pain, urgency and incontinence.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic specialists have experience helping people who don't respond to standard therapies for microscopic colitis. Mayo specialists can rule out other possible causes of persistent diarrhea and try different treatment approaches.
- Research leader. Scientists at Mayo Clinic are working to find more effective treatments for microscopic colitis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.