Tests and diagnosis
Aspiration and biopsy are procedures to collect and examine bone marrow. These tests can help diagnose some cancers and other conditions.
A complete blood count can be used to evaluate your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
A creatinine test reveals important information about your kidneys. Find out what the results of this common blood test mean for you.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
May. 17, 2013
- Rajkumar SV. Diagnosis of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 3, 2013.
- Rajkumar SV. Clinical course and management of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 3, 2013.
- Blade J. Monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance. New England Journal of Medicine. 2006;355:2765.
- Rajkumar SV, et al. Advances in the diagnosis, classification, risk stratification, and management of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance: Implications for recategorizing disease entities in the presence of evolving scientific evidence. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2010;85:945.
- Therneau TM. Incidence of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and estimation of duration before first clinical recognition. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2012;87:1071.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.