Learn about the types of problems that can cause foot pain.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
May. 14, 2014
- Metatarsalgia. The American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine. http://www.acfaom.org/information-for-patients/common-conditions/metatarsalgia. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Callahan LR. Overview of running injuries of the lower extremity. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Skinner HB, ed. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Orthopedics. 4th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2006. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2321540. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Doherty GM, ed. Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=23. Accessed Sept. 1, 2013.
- Wheeless CR, ed. Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics. Durham, N.C.: DataTrace Internet Publishing; 2011. http://www.wheelessonline.com/ortho/metatarsalgia. Accessed Sept. 3, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.