Why choose Mayo Clinic for metachromatic leukodystrophy
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists) and others are experienced in evaluating and treating metachromatic leukodystrophy and related disorders. Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate and treat more than 40 people with metachromatic leukodystrophy each year.
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated team of doctors trained in nervous system conditions (neurologists), genetic disorders (medical geneticists) and other specialties collaborate to evaluate and treat people with metachromatic leukodystrophy.
- Individual treatment program. Doctors will work with you or your child to determine an appropriate treatment program to meet your or your child’s needs.
- Newest research and developments. Mayo Clinic doctors provide you with state-of-the-art care and access to new developments and appropriate clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Feb. 13, 2014
- NINDS metachromatic leukodystrophy information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/metachromatic_leukodystrophy/metachromatic_leukodystrophy.htm. Accessed Aug. 14, 2013.
- Cruse RP. Metachromatic leukodystrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 14, 2013.
- Biffi A, et al. Metachromatic leukodystrophy: An overview of current and prospective treatments. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2008;42:S2.
- Pagon RA, et al., eds. GeneReviews. Seattle, Wash.: University of Washington; 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1130/. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Aug. 20, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 2, 2013.