Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Shortness of breath can be frightening. Most of the time, a heart or lung condition is the cause.
Tests and diagnosis
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Treatments and drugs
Oct. 23, 2015
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Diseases of the pleura and mediastinum. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Broaddus VC, et al. Pleural tumors. In: Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Chekol SS, et al. Malignant mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis testis: Diagnostic studies and differential diagnosis. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2012;136:113.
- Mirarabshahii P, et al. Diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma: An update on treatment. Cancer Treatment Reviews. 2012;38:605.
- Kamal AH, et al. Dyspnea review for the palliative care professional: Treatment goals and therapeutic options. Palliative Care Review. 2012;15:106.
- Malignant mesothelioma treatment – for health professionals (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/mesothelioma/hp/mesothelioma-treatment-pdq. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 29, 2015.
- OSHA Fact Sheet: Asbestos. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/asbestos/hazards.html. Accessed Oct. 7, 2015.
- Protect your family. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www2.epa.gov/asbestos/protect-your-family. Accessed Oct. 7, 2015.