Tests and diagnosis
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Treatments and drugs
Dec. 09, 2015
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Nonmelanoma skin cancers. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 5, 2015.
- Merkel cell carcinoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 5, 2015.
- Merkel cell carcinoma treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/skin/patient/merkel-cell-treatment-pdq#section/all. Accessed Sept. 3, 2015.
- Prevent skin cancer. American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/spot-skin-cancer/learn-about-skin-cancer/prevent-skin-cancer. Accessed Sept. 3, 2015.
- Tai, P. Pathogenesis, clinical features, and diagnosis of Merkel cell (neuroendocrine) carcinoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 5, 2015.
- Church CD, et al. How does the Merkel polyomavirus lead to a lethal cancer? Many answers, many questions and a new mouse model. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2015;135:1222.