Lifestyle and home remedies
The following self-care measures can help treat and prevent meralgia paresthetica:
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Maintain a healthy weight, or lose weight if you're overweight.
Feb. 21, 2017
- Anderson BC. Meralgia paresthetica (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve entrapment). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 24, 2016.
- Burning thigh pain (meralgia paresthetica). American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00340. Accessed Oct. 24, 2016.
- NINDS meralgia paresthetica information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/meralgia_paresthetica/meralgia_paresthetica.htm. Accessed Oct. 24, 2016.
- Patjin J, et al. Meralgia paresthetica. Pain Practice. 2011;11:1533.