Mayo Clinic's experts provide comprehensive care for more than 1,700 people with meningiomas each year.
Advanced techniques and technology
Neurosurgery is among the most complex of the surgical disciplines. Mayo Clinic neurosurgeons perform more than 1,000 brain tumor surgeries each year using the latest technological advances available to them, including computer-assisted brain surgery, intraoperative MRI, awake brain surgery and stereotactic radiosurgery.
Comprehensive cancer center
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. It is one of only four U.S. cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's neurosurgery and neurology departments' expertise and rankings.
May 10, 2017
- Prayson RA. Non-Glial Tumors. In: Neuropathology. 2rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited. 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Meningiomas. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Meningiomas.aspx. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Park JK, et al. Management of known or presumed benign (WHO grade I) meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 3, 2016.
- Park JK, et al. Epidemiology, pathology, clinical features, and diagnosis of meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Meningioma. American Brain Tumor Association. http://www.abta.org/understanding-brain-tumors/types-of-tumors/meningioma.html. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Ding D, et al. The role of radiosurgery in the management of WHO grade II and III intracranial meningiomas. Neurosurgery Focus. 2013;35:E16.
- Chronic pain and CAM: At a glance. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/pain/chronic.htm. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.