Below are current clinical trials.4 studies in Meningioma
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to collect and store brain tissue samples and blood from children with brain cancer that will be tested in the laboratory. Collecting and storing samples of tumor tissue and blood from patients to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
The purpose of this study is to assess the use of AR-42 in adult patients undergoing NF2-tumor removal. AR-42 is a small molecule which crosses the blood brain barrier (BBB) in rodents, but the investigators are not certain yet if it will penetrate human Vestibular Schwannoma. Meningiomas are outside the BBB, but also seem to be unusually resistant to all current medical treatments.
The purpose of this study is to collect and store limited identified surgical waste specimens from skull base tumor cases. We will also collect peripheral blood samples and store PBMC (white blood cells) and serum for each patient.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
This phase II trial studies how well vismodegib and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) inhibitor GSK2256098 work in treating patients with meningiomas that may have gotten bigger or grew back after treatment. Vismodegib and FAK inhibitor GSK2256098 may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth.
May 10, 2017
- Prayson RA. Non-Glial Tumors. In: Neuropathology. 2rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited. 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Meningiomas. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Meningiomas.aspx. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Park JK, et al. Management of known or presumed benign (WHO grade I) meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 3, 2016.
- Park JK, et al. Epidemiology, pathology, clinical features, and diagnosis of meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Meningioma. American Brain Tumor Association. http://www.abta.org/understanding-brain-tumors/types-of-tumors/meningioma.html. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Ding D, et al. The role of radiosurgery in the management of WHO grade II and III intracranial meningiomas. Neurosurgery Focus. 2013;35:E16.
- Chronic pain and CAM: At a glance. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/pain/chronic.htm. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.