Mayo Clinic Cancer Center (MCCC) is dedicated to understanding the biology of cancer; discovering new ways to predict, prevent, diagnose and treat cancer; and transforming the quality of life for people with cancer. It is one of only three cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research.
The National Cancer Institute has designated the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo doctors and scientists are active in the latest research on brain tumors, and Mayo Clinic participates in cooperative clinical trials networks, including the North Central Cancer Treatment Group. Many people under treatment also participate in clinical trials and associated research at Mayo Clinic. This large patient base forms the foundation of the Neuro-Oncology Program research, part of the comprehensive Mayo Clinic Cancer Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on meningiomas on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Feb. 26, 2011
- Park JK, et al. Biology and clinical features of meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Park JK, et al. Treatment of meningiomas. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Minniti G, et al. Radiotherapy and radiosurgery for benign skull base meningiomas. Radiation Oncology. 2009;4:42.
- Norden AD, et al. Advances in meningioma therapy. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2009;9:231.
- Alexiou GA, et al. Management of meningiomas. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2010;112:177.
- Meningioma. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/patient/Cancer+Types/Meningioma. Accessed Dec. 8, 2010.
- Armstrong TS, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumors. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2008;8:264.