Nov. 26, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Meniere's disease
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
Structures of the Normal Inner Ear
Study type: Observational What is this?
Describes the nature of a clinical study. Types include:
- Observational study — observes people and measures outcomes without affecting results.
- Interventional study (clinical trial) — studies new tests, treatments, drugs, surgical procedures or devices.
- Medical records research — uses historical information collected from medical records of large groups of people to study how diseases progress and which treatments and surgeries work best.
About this study
The purpose of this study is to define the normal appearance of the endolymphatic inner ear structures in the absence of clinical evidence of Meniere’s disease (endolymphatic hydrops).
Participating Mayo Clinic locations
Study statuses change often. Please contact us for help.
Print study details
- Rochester, Minnesota: 14-004141
Sponsor Protocol Number: 14-004141
- Dinces EA, et al. Meniere disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 3, 2015.
- Meniere's disease. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://www.entnet.org/content/menieres-disease. Accessed Oct. 3, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Recurrent vertigo. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Foster CA. Optimal management of Meniere's disease. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management. 2015;11:301.
- Meniere's disease. Vestibular Disorders Association. http://vestibular.org/menieres-disease. Accessed Oct. 3, 2015.
- Neff BA, et al. Auditory and vestibular symptoms and chronic subjective dizziness in patients with Meniere's disease, vestibular migraine, and Meniere's disease with concomitant vestibular migraine. Otology & Neurotology. 2012;33:1235.
- Bisdorff AR, et al. Overview of the international classification of vestibular disorders. Neurological Clinics. 2015;33:514.
- Furman JM, et al. Evaluation of the patient with vertigo. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 5, 2015.
- Ferrarro JA, et al. Electrocochleography in the evaluation of patients with Maniere's disease/endolymphatic hydrops. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology. 2006;17:45.