Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are studying a variety of diagnostic and treatment topics associated with Marfan syndrome, including:
- Surgical techniques for aortic repairs and heart valve replacements
- Orthopedic procedures to repair abnormalities in the spine and breastbone
- Genetic aspects of Marfan syndrome
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on Marfan syndrome on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 15, 2017
- Questions and answers about Marfan syndrome. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Marfan_Syndrome. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Marfan's syndrome. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Marfan syndrome. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Wright MJ, et al. Genetics, clinical features and diagnosis of Marfan syndrome and related disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Wright MJ, et al. Management of Marfan syndrome and related disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Marfan syndrome. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Bowen JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2016.
- Shaughnessy WJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 23, 2016.
- Teens and Marfan syndrome. The Marfan Foundation. http://www.marfan.org/resource/fact-sheet/teens-and-marfan-syndrome#.VoWk_9hIiic. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 1, 2015.
- Zehr KJ, et al. Surgery for aneurysms of the aortic root: A 30-year experience. Circulation. 2004;110:1364.