- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, and genetic counselors work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience caring for people with malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Expertise. Surgery to remove malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors requires the skills of a highly trained surgeon. Mayo Clinic doctors are recognized for their expertise in this area.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options for malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Sept. 03, 2014
- Gilchrist JM, et al. Peripheral nerve tumors. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Winn HR. Youmans Neurological Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Stucky CCH, et al. Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors (MPNST): The Mayo Clinic experience. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2012;19:878.