Erectile dysfunction (ED) can be the result of physical or psychological causes or both. Discover what causes ED and what treatments are available.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Gynecomastia, enlarged breasts in males, is a common problem. Find out about treatments and how to cope.
Hirsutism refers to excessive hair growth in women. Possibly a result of elevated male hormones, hirsutism is often caused by an underlying condition.
Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder characterized by decreased muscle tone and a constant desire to eat, often leads to morbid obesity.
Jul. 10, 2014
- Snyder PJ. Clinical features and diagnosis of male hypogonadism. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Anawalt BD, et al. Performance of total testosterone measurement to predict free testosterone for the biochemical evaluation of male hypogonadism. The Journal of Urology. 2012;187:1369.
- Papadakis MA, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2013. 52nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Snyder PJ. Causes of primary of hypogonadism in males. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Snyder PJ. Causes of secondary hypogonadism in males. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Grinspon RP, et al. New perspectives in the diagnosis of pediatric male hypogonadism: The importance of AMH as a sertoli cell marker. Arquivos Brasileiros de Endocrinologia & Metabologia. 2011;55:512.
- Pantalone KM, et al. Male hypogonadism: More than just a low testosterone. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2012;79:717.
- Snyder PJ. Testosterone treatment of male hypogonadism. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2013.
- Dietary Reference Intakes for calcium and vitamin D. Institute of Medicine. http://www.iom.edu/vitamind. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Testosterone therapy in adult men with androgen deficiency syndromes. Chevy Chase, Md.: The Endocrine Society. http://www.endo-society.org/guidelines/Current-Clinical-Practice-Guidelines.cfm. Accessed July 31, 2013.
- Amore M, et al. Partial androgen deficiency, depression and testosterone treatment in aging men. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 2009;21:1.
- Snyder PJ. Overview of testosterone deficiency in elderly men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 17, 2014.
- Finkle WD, et al. Increased risk of non-fatal myocardial infarction following testosterone therapy prescription in men. PLOS One. 2014;9:1.
- Aveed (prescribing information). Malvern, Pa.; Endo Pharmaceuticals Solutions Inc.; 2014. http://www.endo.com/File%20Library/Products/Prescribing%20Information/AVEED_prescribing_information.html. Accessed March 31, 2014.
- FDA adding general warning to testosterone products about potential for venous blood clots. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm401746.htm. Accessed July 2, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.