Breast lumps don't always mean cancer — in fact, most of the time, they're noncancerous. Find out what other conditions can cause breast lumps.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Hormone therapy for breast cancer is used to treat breast cancers that are sensitive to hormones.
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
What can mindfulness exercises do for you? Get the facts.
Find out what to expect during a needle biopsy.
Sentinel node biopsy is a procedure used to determine if cancer has spread to your lymph nodes.
Ultrasound imaging uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of structures in your body.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Feb. 25, 2012
- Male breast cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/patient. Accessed Jan. 18, 2012.
- Johansen Taber KA, et al. Male breast cancer: Risk factors, diagnosis and management. Oncology Reports. 2010;24:1115.
- Gomez-Raposo C, et al. Male breast cancer. Cancer Treatment Reviews. 2010;36:451.
- Brain K, et al. Psychological distress in men with breast cancer. American Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2006;24:95.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Jan. 18, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.