Breast lumps don't always mean cancer — in fact, most of the time, they're noncancerous. Find out what other conditions can cause breast lumps.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Hormone therapy for breast cancer is used to treat breast cancers that are sensitive to hormones.
Mammography can lead to detection of breast cancer at its earliest and most treatable stage.
What can mindfulness exercises do for you? Get the facts.
Find out what to expect during a needle biopsy.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Feb. 17, 2015
- Ruddy KJ, et al. Male breast cancer: Risk factors, biology, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Annals of Oncology. 2013;24:1343.
- Cameron JL, et al. Current Surgical Therapy. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
- Gradishar WJ. Breast cancer in men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
- Chavez-Macgregor M, et al. Male breast cancer according to tumor subtype and race: A population-based study. Cancer. 2013;119:1611.
- Male breast cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/malebreast/patient. Accessed Nov. 19, 2014.
- Patten DK, et al. New approaches in the management of male breast cancer. Clinical Breast Cancer. 2013;13:309.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.