Addison's disease occurs when your adrenal glands produce insufficient amounts of certain important hormones. Treatment may include taking corticosteroids.
Although low levels of thyroid hormones (hypothyroidism) can leave you feeling tired and depressed, medications can help you live a normal life.
Amniotic fluid embolism — Overview covers definition, symptoms and treatment of this pregnancy or post-pregnancy condition.
You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Lifestyle and home remedies
Take control of your mood and health. Explore the many depression treatment options and learn coping skills.
Dizziness is one of the most common health concerns. However, few cases of dizziness are due to serious conditions.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
May 02, 2014
- Hypotension. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hyp/. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Low blood pressure. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/AboutHighBloodPressure/Low-Blood-Pressure_UCM_301785_Article.jsp. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Kaufman H, et al. Mechanisms, causes and evaluation of orthostatic hypotension. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Kaufman H, et al. Treatment of orthostatic and postprandial hypotension. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Bonow RO, et al. Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- NINDS Multiple system atrophy with orthostatic hypotension information page. National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa_orthostatic_hypotension/msa_orthostatic_hypotension.htm. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Shep SG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 11, 2014.