Below are current clinical trials.4 studies in Liver hemangioma
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The goal of the study is to identify immune responses (immune cell activation and suppression) following local ablation of liver tumors.
The purpose of this study is to assess the combined impact of post-processing methods that quantify potential biomarkers of chronic liver disease (AEF, fECS) and that improve iodine signal (vMono+) on detecting liver fibrosis and hepatic masses or esophageal varices, in comparison to routine contrast-enhanced liver CT.
This study is a prospective Phase IV study to determine if the use of Everolimus results in lower liver tumor recurrence and improved patient and graft survival after liver transplant for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The immunosuppressive comparators will be Everolimus and Tacrolimus therapy compared to Tacrolimus and Mycophenolic acid/Mycophenolate Mofetil. Primary outcomes data is disease free survival (the time from randomization to HCC recurrence or death). Secondary outcomes are rate of recurrence of Hepatitis C, problems related to wound healing, hernia repair within the first 12 months, hepatic arterial thrombosis, renal function, acute cellular rejection, post-transplant diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effects of radiation on normal liver tissue. This will help us develop MRI-based dose range monitoring techniques for liver Stereotactic Body Radio Therapy.
Jan. 05, 2017
- Feldman M, et al. Hepatic tumors and cysts. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- Benign liver tumors. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/benigntumors/. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- Sachs TE, et al. Cavernous hepatic hemangioma. In: Current Surgical Therapy. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines on the management of benign liver tumours. Journal of Hepatology. In press. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- Cappell MS. Hepatic disorders during pregnancy. In: Obstetrics: Normal and Problem Pregnancies. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2017. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2016.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2016.