Tests and procedures used to diagnose liver hemangioma include:
- Computerized tomography scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Single-photon emission computerized tomography scan
Other tests and procedures may be used depending on your situation.
Aug. 13, 2013
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed May 31, 2013.
- Curry MP, et al. Hepatic hemangioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 31, 2013.
- Benign liver tumors. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/benigntumors/. Accessed May 31, 2013.
- Assy N, et al. Characteristics of common solid liver lesions and recommendations for diagnostic workup. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2009;15:3217.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.