A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Liposuction removes excess fat, but how and what are the risks involved?
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Find out what you can expect during a skin biopsy.
Jan. 22, 2015
- Goldstein BG, et al. Overview of benign lesions of the skin. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 4, 2014.
- Lipoma. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00631. Accessed Nov. 4, 2014.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=392. Accessed Nov. 4, 2014.
- Wolff K, et al. Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology. 7th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookId=682. Accessed Nov. 4, 2014.
- Cosulich MT, et al. Minimal excision extraction of lipomas. JAMA Dermatology. 2014;150:1360.
- Amber KT, et al. Injection therapy for the management of superficial subcutaneous lipomas. The Journal of Clinical Aesthetic Dermatology. 2014;7:46.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.