- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, ear, nose and throat experts (otorhinolaryngologists) work as a multidisciplinary team with dermatologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and plastic and reconstructive surgeons to care for people with lip cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience treating lip cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 9,000 people with lip cancer.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with lip cancer includes surgery to remove lip cancer and to reconstruct and repair the mouth. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy also are offered.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
April 08, 2014
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Flint PW, et al. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Head and neck cancers. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Nov. 12, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 3, 2013.