An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Tests and diagnosis
Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
Treatments and drugs
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
Stem cells are under study to treat diverse conditions from blood cancers to Parkinson's and heart failure. Researchers have uncovered some potential new sources that offer additional opportunities for developing regenerative solutions.
Jan. 28, 2016
- What you need to know about leukemia. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-leukemia. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Understanding leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/leukemia/understandingleukemia. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/taking-time. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 11, 2015.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz. March 11, 2015.