An enlarged spleen is usually a sign of an underlying problem. Treatment varies, depending on what's causing the enlargement.
Fatigue can signal many things. Here are some tips to help you decipher why you're wiped out and to regain your energy.
Unexplained weight loss: Symptom — Overview covers possible causes of unexplained weight loss.
Tests and diagnosis
Learn about the most common biopsy procedures and how they're used to diagnose cancer.
Aspiration and biopsy are procedures to collect and examine bone marrow. These tests can help diagnose some cancers and other conditions.
Treatments and drugs
Find out what to expect as you prepare for chemotherapy treatment.
Radiation therapy is a common means of treating many types of cancer. Find out what to expect during your radiation therapy treatment.
Stem cell transplants can bring certain cancers and other diseases under control, or even cure them. Find out what's involved in this complex procedure.
Oct. 03, 2013
- What you need to know about leukemia. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/leukemia. Accessed Aug. 21, 2013.
- Understanding leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/leukemia/understandingleukemia. Accessed Aug. 21, 2013.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://cancer.gov/cancertopics/takingtime. Accessed Aug. 21, 2013.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 5, 2013.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 27, 2013.