Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, hematologists, pediatric hematologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and bone marrow transplant specialists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with leukemia. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating leukemia. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
On average, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 3,900 people with leukemia every year.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with leukemia includes chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy and stem cell transplant.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 28, 2016
- What you need to know about leukemia. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/wyntk-leukemia. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Understanding leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/leukemia/understandingleukemia. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Taking time: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/taking-time. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 11, 2015.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz. March 11, 2015.