Organizations that offer support, educational resources, networking opportunities and services to families dealing with Krabbe disease include the following:
United Leukodystrophy Foundation
Jun. 03, 2014
- Miranda CO, et al. Advances and pitfalls of cell therapy in metabolic leukodystrophies. Cell Transplantation. 2013;22:189.
- Pagon RA, et al. GeneReviews. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1238/. Accessed Feb. 28, 2014.
- Krabbe disease. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/krabbe-disease. Accessed Feb, 28. 2014.
- Ropper AH, et al. Adams & Victor's Principles of Neurology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=54. Accessed March 3, 2011.
- Sakai N. Pathogenesis of leukodystrophy for Krabbe disease: Molecular mechanism and clinical treatment. Brain & Development. 2009;31:485.
- Suzuki K. Globoid cell leukodystrophy (Krabbe's disease): Update. Journal of Child Neurology. 2003;18:595.
- Krabbe disease. United Leukodystrophy Foundation. http://ulf.org/krabbe-disease. Accessed Feb. 28, 2014.
- Kohlschutter A, et al. Childhood leukodystrophies: A clinical perspective. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2011;11:1485.
- National newborn screening status report. National Newborn Screening and Genetics Resource Center. http://genes-r-us.uthscsa.edu/sites/genes-r-us/files/nbsdisorders.pdf. Accessed March 10, 2014.
- Duffner PK, et al. Early infantile Krabbe disease: Results of the World-Wide Krabbe Registry. Pediatric Neurology 2011;45:141.
- Kemper AR, et al. Weighing the evidence for newborn screening for early-infantile Krabbe disease. Genetics in Medicine: Official Journal of the American College of Medical Genetics. 2010;12:539.
- Duffner PK, et al. The long-term outcomes of presymptomatic infants transplanted for Krabbe disease: Report of the workshop held on July 11 and 12, 2008, Holiday Valley, New York. Genetics in Medicine. 2009;11:450.
- Renaud DL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 1, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.