Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Sept. 17, 2015
- Experience. Doctors at Mayo Clinic are among the most experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome.
- Teamwork. Doctors who specialize in vascular medicine, vascular and endovascular surgery, skin disease (dermatology), orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, and other areas as needed, offer many treatment options. This coordinated approach is important because Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome may involve several parts of the body.
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/klippel-trenaunay-syndrome. Accessed July 24, 2015.
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. National Organization for Rare Diseases. https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/klippel-trenaunay-syndrome/. Accessed July 27, 2015.
- Malgor RD, et al. Surgical treatment of varicose veins and venous malformations in Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Phlebology. In press. http://phl.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/03/17/0268355515577322.abstract. Accessed July 27 2015.
- Sharma D, et al. Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome — A very rare and interesting syndrome. Clinical Medicine Insights: Circulatory, Respiratory and Pulmonary Medicine. 2015;9:1.
- NINDS Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome (KTS) information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/klippel_trenaunay/klippel_trenaunay.htm. Accessed July 27, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Colletti G, et al. Adjuvant role of anti-angiogenic drugs in the management of head and neck arteriovenous malformations. Medical Hypotheses. 2015;85:298.
- Gloviczki P (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2015.
- Driscoll DJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 26, 2015.