Undescended testicle is a testicle that hasn't moved into its proper position in the scrotum prior to birth. The condition often corrects itself.
Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Treatments and drugs
Psychotherapy is one way to treat many mental illnesses. See how therapy is used and which type may be best for you.
Jun. 25, 2013
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Melmed S, et al. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-3/0/1555/0.html#. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Wikstrom AM, et al. Klinefelter syndrome. Best Practice & Research Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;25:239.
- Sokol RZ. It's not all about the testes: Medical issues in Klinefelter patients. Fertility and Sterility. 2012;98:261.
- Klinefelter syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/klinefelter-syndrome. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Klinefelter syndrome. National Institute of Child Health and Development. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/klinefelter/conditioninfo/Pages/Default.aspx. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Learning about Klinefelter syndrome. National Human Genome Research Institute. http://www.genome.gov/19519068. Accessed April 29, 2013.
- Nippoldt TB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 2, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.