Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
July 26, 2017
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney infection. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/kidney-disease/kidney-infection-pyelonephritis. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Kidney infection. American Kidney Fund. http://www.kidneyfund.org/kidney-disease/kidney-problems/kidney-infection.html. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Hooton TM, et al. Acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ050. Urinary tract infections. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For Patients/faq050.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140523T1534363926. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Hooten TM. Patient education: Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) (Beyond the Basics). https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2017.
- Hooten TM, et al. Urinary tract infections and asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy. https://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2017.