Polycystic kidney disease causes clusters of cysts to form in your kidneys. High blood pressure and kidney failure are common complications of this disorder.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Painful urination: Symptom — Overview covers definition, possible causes of burning pain during urination (dysuria).
Tests and diagnosis
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Aug. 09, 2011
- Pyelonephritis (kidney infection) in adults. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/pyelonephritis/. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- Urinary tract infection in adults. AUA Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=47. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- Schaeffer AJ, et al. Infections of the urinary tract. In: Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/146625683-4/0/1445/0.html. Accessed June 29, 2009.
- Urinary tract infections in adults. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/index.htm. Accessed June 24, 2011.
- Urinary tract infections. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp050.cfm. Accessed June 24, 2011.