Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Urinalysis can be used to assess your overall health, detect a wide range of disorders, or monitor a medical condition or treatment.
Aug. 16, 2014
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney infection. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/pyelonephritis/. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Urinary tract infections in adults. Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=47. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 28, 2014.
- Urinary tract infections in adults. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/utiadult/index.aspx. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ050. Urinary tract infections. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq050.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140523T1534363926. Accessed May 23, 2014.
- Hooton TM, et al. Acute uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis in women. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2014.