Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
See a list of publications on keratoconus by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Keratoconus care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 18, 2017
- Wayman LL. Keratoconus. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 24, 2015.
- What is keratoconus? American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/keratoconus.cfm. Accessed Nov. 24, 2015.
- Keratoconus treatment. American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/keratoconus-treatment.cfm. Accessed Nov. 24, 2015.
- van der Worp E, et al. Modern scleral contact lenses: A review. Contact Lens & Anterior Eye. 2014;37:240.
- Raiskup F, et al. Corneal collagen crosslinking with riboflavin and ultraviolet-A light in progressive keratoconus: Ten-year results. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. 2015;41:41.
- Jinabhai A, et al. Optical quality and visual performance with customised soft contact lenses for keratoconus. Opthalmic and Physiological Optics. 2014;34:528.
- Amayem AF, et al. Refractive and visual outcomes of penetrating keratoplasty versus deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty with hydrodissection for treatment of keratoconus. Cornea. 2013;32:e2.
- Keratoconus diagnosis. American Academy of Ophthalmology. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/diseases/keratoconus-diagnosis.cfm. Accessed Nov. 24, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 27, 2015.
- Keratoconus. American Optometric Association. http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions/keratoconus?sso=y. Accessed Dec. 23, 2015.
- Keratoconus. Merck Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/eye-disorders/corneal-disorders/keratoconus. Accessed Dec. 23, 2015.
- Yanoff M, ed., et al. Testing of refraction. In: Ophthalmology. 4th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Yanoff M, ed., et al. Keratoconus and other ectasias. In: Ophthalmology. 4th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Patel SV (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 5, 2016.