Find out your heart disease risk and what you can do to reduce it.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Feb. 15, 2014
- Kawasaki disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/miscellaneous_disorders_in_infants_and_children/kawasaki_disease.html. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Aug. 192013.
- Scuccimarri R. Kawasaki disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2012;59:425.
- Ayusawa M, et al. Revision of diagnostic guidelines for Kawasaki disease (the 5th revised edition). Pediatrics International. 2005;47:232.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Sundel R. Initial treatment and prognosis of Kawasaki disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Taggart NW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sep. 9, 2013.