Find out your heart disease risk and what you can do to reduce it.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Echocardiogram allows your doctor to see your heart in motion. Here's what you need to know about the test.
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that provides valuable clues about your heart health. Here's what you need to know about the test.
Treatments and drugs
Coronary angioplasty and stents can reopen clogged heart arteries if buildup of plaques is causing chest pain, shortness of breath or a heart attack.
Coronary bypass surgery is a procedure to treat blockage of blood to the heart muscle.
Feb. 15, 2014
- Kawasaki disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/miscellaneous_disorders_in_infants_and_children/kawasaki_disease.html. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Aug. 192013.
- Scuccimarri R. Kawasaki disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2012;59:425.
- Ayusawa M, et al. Revision of diagnostic guidelines for Kawasaki disease (the 5th revised edition). Pediatrics International. 2005;47:232.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Sundel R. Initial treatment and prognosis of Kawasaki disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Taggart NW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sep. 9, 2013.