Experience and expertise
Doctors at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience and expertise evaluating and treating people with cardiovascular conditions. Doctors at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota have been treating heart conditions in children for more than 60 years.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
Oct. 27, 2016
- Ferri FF. Kawasaki disease. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Kawasaki disease. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/kd. Accessed Aug. 14, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Kawasaki disease. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Patel RM, et al. Kawasaki disease: A comprehensive review of treatment options. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2015;40:620.
- Lin KH, et al. Usefulness of natriuretic peptide for the diagnosis of Kawasaki disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open. 2015;5:1.
- Sundel R. Kawasaki disease: Initial treatment and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 11, 2016.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 6, 2016.