- A team approach. Working together, Mayo Clinic doctors in various specialties provide comprehensive care tailored to your child's unique situation. A team of doctors trained in pediatric and adolescent medicine, pediatric cardiology, infectious diseases, and rheumatology care for children who have Kawasaki disease.
- Pediatric expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have treated heart disease in children for more than 50 years. Children needing hospitalization receive care at Mayo Eugenio Litta Children's Hospital in a warm, caring environment specially designed for your child's comfort.
- Comprehensive care. Mayo Clinic doctors will evaluate your child's condition with regular echocardiograms and appointments. If your child needs further care, Mayo Clinic doctors will continue long-term follow-up appointments and testing to monitor your child as long as needed.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Feb. 15, 2014
- Kawasaki disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/miscellaneous_disorders_in_infants_and_children/kawasaki_disease.html. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Aug. 192013.
- Scuccimarri R. Kawasaki disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2012;59:425.
- Ayusawa M, et al. Revision of diagnostic guidelines for Kawasaki disease (the 5th revised edition). Pediatrics International. 2005;47:232.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Sundel R. Initial treatment and prognosis of Kawasaki disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Taggart NW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sep. 9, 2013.