Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Sed rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is a simple blood test that can help detect or monitor certain inflammatory diseases.
Oct. 17, 2014
- Marzan KAB, et al. Early juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America. 2012;38:355.
- Questions and answers about juvenile arthritis. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Juv_Arthritis/. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- Juvenile arthritis. Arthritis Foundation. http://www.arthritis.org/conditions-treatments/disease-center/juvenile--arthritis/. Accessed Sept. 2, 2014.
- Arthritis in children. American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/patients/diseases_and_conditions/juvenilearthritis.asp. Accessed Sept. 2, 2014.
- Sullivan KE. Inflammation in juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2005;52:335.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2015. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 3, 2014.