Sudden cardiac arrest is a medical emergency. Rapid treatment improves your chances of survival.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Aug. 09, 2014
- Auerbach PS, et al. Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier, 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 27, 2014.
- Cegolon L, et al. Jellyfish stings and their management: A review. Marine Drugs. 2013;11:523.
- Purcell JE. Jellyfish in Chesapeake Bay and nearby waters. NOAA Ocean Service Education. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/lessons/stinging_sea_append.html. Accessed April 2, 2014
- Li L, et al. Interventions for the symptoms and signs resulting from jellyfish stings. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD009688.pub2/abstract. Accessed April 1, 2014.
- Ward NT, et al. Evidence-based treatment of jellyfish stings in North America and Hawaii. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2012;60:399.
- Auerbach PS. In reply to evidence-based treatment of jellyfish stings in North America and Hawaii. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2013;61:253.
- Lebwohl MG, et al. Treatment of Skin Disease: Comprehensive Therapeutic Strategies. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier, 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 27, 2014.
- Marcus EN, et al. Jellyfish stings. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 27, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.