Wonder if your child is getting enough iron? Get the facts about iron deficiency in children.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tachycardia, a rapid heart rate, is caused by an abnormality in your heart's electrical impulses. Tachycardia can cause serious complications, including sudden cardiac arrest.
Tests and diagnosis
A hematocrit test shows what proportion of your blood is made up of red blood cells. Results may help your doctor diagnose certain diseases.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.
- What is iron-deficiency anemia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ida/. Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.
- Iron-deficiency anemia. American Society of Hematology. http://www.hematology.org/patients/blood-disorders/anemia/5263.aspx. Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.
- CBC with differential, blood. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/9109. Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Online. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4.Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.
- Iron and iron deficiency. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/vitamins/iron.html. Accessed Sept. 11, 2013.