A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Dizziness has many possible causes. The cause of dizziness may be simple, or dizziness may be a sign of a more serious disorder.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to various life-threatening conditions. But it's easily detected — and you can work with your doctor to control it.
MRI uses a magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues within your body.
Jun. 25, 2014
- Traumatic brain injury: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/detail_tbi.htm. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Traumatic brain injury. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec21/ch310/ch310a.html#S21_CH310_T001. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- McBride W. Intracranial epidural hematoma in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- McBride W. Subdural hematoma in adults: Prognosis and management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Ahn ES, et al. Intracranial epidural hematoma in children: Clinical features, evaluation and management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 14, 2014.
- Wind JJ, et al. Bilateral subacute subdural hematomas. New England Journal of Medicine. 2009;360:e23.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.