Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Carcinoid tumors are rare, slow-growing cancerous tumors that most often occur in the gastrointestinal tract or in the lungs.
A CT scan is an imaging test that uses X-rays to produce detailed images of the inside of your body.
Earlier detection and better treatments have improved the outlook for people with cystic fibrosis.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
X-rays are a form of radiation that can make images of your bones and internal organs.
Dec. 18, 2012
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed Oct. 22, 2012.
- Marx JA, et al. Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05472-0..X0001-1--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05472-0&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed Oct. 22, 2012.
- Bonin EA, et al. Update on the indications and use of colonic stents. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2010;12:374.
- Baron TH. Acute colonic obstruction. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America. 2007;17:323.
- Intestinal pseudo-obstruction. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/diseases/pubs/intestinalpo/index.htm. Accessed Oct. 21, 2012.
- Abdominal adhesions. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/diseases/pubs/intestinaladhesions/index.htm. Accessed Oct. 21, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.