Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Foot pain? Headache? Sore throat? Skin rash? Use the Symptom Checker to find out what's causing your symptom.
Tests and diagnosis
Dec. 18, 2012
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed Oct. 22, 2012.
- Marx JA, et al. Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05472-0..X0001-1--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05472-0&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed Oct. 22, 2012.
- Bonin EA, et al. Update on the indications and use of colonic stents. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2010;12:374.
- Baron TH. Acute colonic obstruction. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America. 2007;17:323.
- Intestinal pseudo-obstruction. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/diseases/pubs/intestinalpo/index.htm. Accessed Oct. 21, 2012.
- Abdominal adhesions. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/diseases/pubs/intestinaladhesions/index.htm. Accessed Oct. 21, 2012.